Trip at a Glance
Lake Superior Adventures
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Island Tour, Nature
Price$446 USD per trip
10 Nautical Miles
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Daily 10am, 2pm, 6pm
Pier 3 Marian Park, Thunder Bay
Captain/guide - vessel and room for up to 8 guests. All safety equipment - life jackets, washrooms aboard. All taxes included.
The trip out to the island is about 90 minutes under full sail, we anchor and give you a chance to swim and or eat your self-prepared lunch/dinner. The stop lasts about 30-45 min. Catering is possible upon request. You may bring light alcoholic refreshments to drink while the vessel is at anchor. The return trip can be a bit longer or shorter than the trip out - it is all wind dependant. The islands are privately owned and we do not go ashore. Smoking is not allowed for the duration of the trip.
- Thunder Bay harbour break walls - miles of rock placed in the early 1900s to protect the city. Thunder Bay Main Lighthouse situated on the entrance to the port.
- Massive grain elevators, the life blood of the port and instrumental in the early development of the city
- Lake Superior and the Sleeping Giant visible 15 miles across the bay.
- The lighthouse keepers residence on the Welcome Islands, perched atop the 200 ft cliffs. with nearby bald eagles, and a blue heron rookery. Often you will see them come and go feeding their young - if you can't see them you will always hear them - what a racket!
- The remains of the 290’ Robert Fryer are located in 35’ of water of the “B” island of the Welcome Islands. Visible just under the water about 15m from shore.