Send Booking Request
Trip at a Glance
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Sightseeing, Walking Tour
£12 GBP per person
Approx. 2 miles
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Saturdays and Sundays at 10.00am
Bottom of Granny's Green Steps, Grassmarket
- Route covers both Old and New Town areas of Edinburgh, for a comprehensive overview of the city centre.
- A fun and informative tour, combining the city's history with stories from the lives of people who lived (and died) here.
- Panoramic view over the city from the top of Calton Hill at the climax of the tour.
- Tour is illustrated with old photographs of the city for a unique 'then-and-now' comparative experience.
- Small group tour, limited to 10 people per tour for a relaxed and intimate experience.
This is a public walking tour to give you a fun and informative introduction to the city.
We will cover parts of both Edinburgh’s Old Town (around the Royal Mile) and also the Georgian-era ‘New’ Town on a route which departs from the bottom of Granny’s Green Steps at the western end of the Grassmarket, in the shadow of Edinburgh Castle and finishes with panoramic views across the city from the top of Calton Hill.
The walking tour will cover roughly 2 miles of the city, with some moderate hills, beautiful cobbled streets, and steps. Led by a local guide, there is no better way to discover the culture and character of Edinburgh.
The Weekend Explorer Tour is a great way to begin your visit to Edinburgh, to set you up for a day exploring the city at your leisure!
Your adventure awaits!
Edinburgh Expert delivers independent private and bespoke walking tours of Scotland's capital city, with personalised visitor information packages to help you plan your visit. Tours are run by an experienced and knowledgeable local guide.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.