Trip at a Glance
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
Eco Tour, Nature
Price$199 AUD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
7 days at 2:00pm
Cairns and surrounds
Afternoon refreshments, dinner, all park fees, use of binoculars and flashlights. Wet weather gear available.
Our wildlife tours are designed for those who want to enjoy and learn about rainforest life in a small group and away from crowds. We include the best of both worlds, several hours of daylight for interpretive walking trails, birdwatching and platypus viewing, and after dark the fun of finding and observing nocturnal wildlife by spotlight. More than 70% of Australian wildlife is nocturnal!
- Platypus viewing at dusk at a private location
- Night time spotlighting at the Curtain Fig looking for such animals as the Lumholtz Tree Kangeroo or Green Ringtail Possum!
- Small groups only (maximum of 11 people)
- Interpretive Rainforest walks whilst spotting birds, animals, reptiles and insects.
- Dinner at a local country restaurant before the night time session