Trip at a Glance
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Heritage-History Tour, Sightseeing
PriceFrom: $30 USD per person
2 hours. Hosted by G L-f de Villiers.
About 1 mile. Company is fully-licensed & insured.
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Mondays and Saturdays at 10.
Lobby, Hotel Monteleone, 214 Royal Street.
Carefully prepared analysis and fun, local color insightfulness into the contributions of many of the world's greatest literary figures from a student of Cleanth Brooks and well-known writer resident.
G L-f de Villiers is your locally owned and operated community based tour provider since 1989. Small groups. Our tours are never-scripted. Recommended by Frommer's and featured in The Southern Review.
- Commence your literary adventure in The Hotel Monteleone, renown, credentialed Literary Landmark and pied-a-Terre for virtually every Southern writer.
- Enter the Pontalba Apartments, the site of Sherwood Anderson's famous literary salons that included such luminaire as Gertrude Stein and Lyle Saxon.
- Come along into the Faulkner House on romantic Pirates Alley, across from the St. Louis Cathedral's magnificently landscaped St. Anthony's gardens.
- See the residences of Truman Capote in the lovely rue Royale and that of Tennessee Williams in the Avenue Orleans. Learn of Kate Chopin's awakening.
- Be amazed by Antoine's Restaurant, the city's oldest and finest family-owned restaurants, and setting for many famous plays, short stories and novels.