Trip at a Glance
Herculaneum, Campania, Italy
Private Tour, Sightseeing
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Naples, Sorrento, Amalfi Coast, Salerno Port
English speaking driver, comfortable Air Conditioned vehicles with free Wi-Fi, Taxes, parking fees, toll ways
Our drivers have a very good knowledge of the area but they cannot escort customers through the sites. Upon request we provide a private guide for the visit of Ruins. Entry tickets are not included.
- Engage your imagination - much of Herculaneum is yet to be discovered. Admire the perfect state of the mosaics, marble, wood doors and frescoes.
- See an eruption site uniquely different from other sites. A place that 2000 years ago was considered a resort town for its great location.
- The top is formed by a caldera of 4 km in diameter, what is remained of the ancient volcano Mount Somma, after the great explosion of 79 AD.
- National Park with an exceptional presence of about 612 species of vegetation and about 227 species of animals. Its height is 4200ft.
- Due the fertility of its soil, on Mount Vesuvius there are plenty of vineyards where they grow delicious variety of red grapes ready to be tasted.
The private tour of Vesuvius and Herculaneum stands out. Because of the close proximity between the two sites, and considering the history of the volcano, it is illogical to think that still to this day people live in this area. The vitality of the modern city of Herculaneum is similar to that of 2000 years ago when it was a resort town; people, artists and artisans externalize their talent and their vitality, producing art which can be seen walking the streets of the old city – in the frescoes on walls and the mosaics on the floors of houses and villas, in the marble statues and structures, and objects made by craftsmen with exceptional craftsmanship. You can appreciate all this thanks to an exceptional state of preservation of the ruins.
Climb Mount Vesuvius, which has absolutely no perception that throughout its life, it might have caused the death and destruction of entire villages. We will travel the typical mountain roads, made of twists and turns, surrounded by a surreal silence and the show of the mountain’s suggestive nature. The soil on the side of Vesuvius is as dry as a desert while on the side of Mount Somma (ancient crater) it is more humid and is characterized by the presence of mixed forests. Not to mention the magnificent landscape Gulf of Naples that you can enjoy from different perspectives as you go toward the top. The tour is extremely interesting, and if it is not too challenging, you can climb 300 meters to reach the very top – it is worth the effort.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.