Trip at a Glance
Price$4679 USD per person
9 to 12
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
All year round
Marrakech - Casablanca - Fes - Tangier
Lodging at charming Riads or Kasbah Hotels (2 to 3* and camping/nomad-style) - All transportation, including recent-model sedan or minivan with air conditioning, private English speaking driver, and fuel - Government-certified tour guides in major cities - Entrance fee to monuments and sightseeing Camels and desert guide - Four wheel drive to Merzouga - Meals |Breakfast daily|dinners. - All applicable taxes
- Air fare - Travel insurance - Lunches - Drinks - Personal needs expenditures - Gratuities
- Day 1 - Marrakech – Marrakech Choose Your Own Dates - Start Any Day - Year Round Welcome to Morocco! Morning arrival at Marrakech Airport. Special welcome at the airport. Transfer by private vehicle and Welcome Tea, lodging in Luxury Riad or similar in Marrakech and visit of the Medina Remainder of the day at leisure. Day 2 – Marrakech |Medina | Souks A horse drain carriage panoramic tour of the medina , and a walking tour of the souk (market), we see some of the age-old guild artisans at work. Finally, we end up in famous Djemaa el-Fna square with its medieval circus atmosphere of itinerant dancers, jugglers, acrobats, storytellers, soothsayers, snake charmers, medicine men and public scribes. Lunch at a local restaurant. Remainder of the day at leisure.
- Day 3 – Marrakech |Day Trekking Toubkal After breakfast in you Riad, leave to Amizmiz, 54 Kilometers from Marrakech. On the way you will see the Oumnast Kasbah then the Lalla Takerkoust Dam built between 1929 and 1935 with it man made lake. It will take you about an hour to reach Amizmiz , a typical Berber village , we tour the Kasbah and the "Mellah" (Jewish quarter). Every Tuesday an important country market is held, where all the villagers from the area come for their weekly shopping and gossiping. You can buy there interesting Regragra potteries. Your guide will welcome you in his home for a traditional Berber breakfast then you will start your hiking first through Sidi Hossein valley to reach Tizi Oughourane. On the way you will see picturesque landscapes of the Atlas Mountains, Berber villages with their houses built in stone and earth. After a typical lunch accompanied by mint tea, you will come back to Amizimiz by a different itinerary and be transferred back to Marrakech by late afternoon. Remainder of the day at leisure. In the evening enjoy a delicious Dinner & music at a Moroccan restaurant. Day 4 – Marrakech | Ouarzazazte This morning we take a closer look at Marrakech's most important historic and architectural wonders: theKoutoubia Mosque, the Saadian Tombs and the Bahia Palace. In the afternoon we hit the road, climbing through striking alpine scenery into the High Atlas Mountains, crossing to the southeastern side of the range via the Tizi N'Tichka Pass (7415 feet). We descend to the Draa Valley, dotted withancient kasbahs (fortified palaces), to the caravan-town of Ouarzazate at the edge of the mighty Sahara Desert, dinner at kasbah hotel in Ouarzazate.
- Day 5 – Ouarzazate | Zagora | Tamegroute Starting bright and early, we traverse the Draa Valley with its six palm forests forming grand ribbons of greenery across the flat valley floor. Thanks to the proximity of the river, cereals, henna, vegetables, fruit and date palms are cultivated, either on the floor of the valley or on stepped terraces. We arrive inZagora around noontime. After lunch, we embark on an excursion to Tamegroute to view the illuminated Korans, with holy verses inscribed on gazelle-skin parchment, the oldest dating from the 13th century. We'll also visit the Potters' Yard and huge Tinfou Dune watch and enjoy the sunset before returning to Zagora. Dinner and night at Kasbah Hotel. Day6: Zagora | Erfoud |Merzouga Morning departure to Erfoud through the pre saharan landscape of "regs" (rocky tables), and scattered Berber village, Afternoon arrival at Rissani, tour the Ouled El Hadim Kasbah. Dinner and overnight at the Hotel in Merzouga.
- Day 7: Merzouga |Tinghir | Gorges Todra |Ouarzazate We start the day with a drive through the beautiful Valley of a Thousand Kasbahs to Tinerhir. A former military outpost built on terraces above a magnificent palm grove, Tinerhir stands at the entrance to theTodra Gorge, framed by awesome thousand-foot-high cliffs which make you think that you're "at the ends of the Earth." From Tinerhir we proceed past a series of great kasbahs to Boumalne du Dades, a large town at the foot of the gorge to Skoura. Beyond Skoura, the desert palms give way to orchards and irrigated gardens. Roses are the specialty of El Kelaa des Mgouna. The rose oil is sent to Paris to be made into perfume by Yves Saint-Laurent. Do some "rose" shopping here--rose water, body milk, dried rose petals before returning to our hotel in Ouarzazate for the evening , dinner at the hotel. Day 8: Ouarzazate |Marrakech We drive back to Marrakech over the High Atlas, admiring the majesty of towering Djebel Toubkal (13,665 feet). In the afternoon, drive to the ancient Kasbah complex of Ait Ben Haddou , and impressive 11th century site that 's now declared as a historical treasure by the UNESCO. A photographer's wonderland, Ait Ben Haddou remains home to five families. Back to Marrakech in the afternoon dinner and night at your Hotel.
- Day 9: Marrakech |Return Flight Home After breakfast. Transfer by private vehicle assistance at the Airport and return flight. The Tours Starts/Ends: Marrakech