Trophy Fly Fishing - Private water NZ
Send Booking Request
Trip at a Glance
Miles Rushmer Guiding
Auckland, North Island, New Zealand
NZ$1,000 NZD per trip
8.30 am - 5.30 pm
20 mins driving
Complimentary 4WD transport, lunch and refreshments. All fishing tackle, equipment provided upon request.
Photo's and GoPro footage taken of your conquests
- Monster trout right in front of your eyes in a small, Clearwater, private stream, expect a shot every 20 metres of water. Sightfishing at its best!
- Some of the biggest brown trout in the World . Author Derek Grzelewski dedicated an entire chapter of "Trout Bohemia" to a day on this stream!
- Film maker Nick Reygeart, Gin Clear media, came and fished with Miles and dedicated one third of his latest movie "Leviathan" to this trip!
- Easy access and unique fishing...up close and personal encounters with very large wild trout.
- Sightfishing dream stream! This private trophy water is undoubtedly on the must fish before you die wish list of any keen flyfisher!
Stalk up a small private spring creek and sight fish to good numbers of absolutely massive brown trout. 43 double digit browns for clients last season off this water! Perhaps the best trophy trout stream fly fishing in the World today. Join Miles for a day of exciting and rewarding fishing on the North Island of New Zealand. Cruise ship clients day trips catered for.
Tauranga harbour is also home to some of the most amazing shallow water flats fly fishing for yellowtail kingfish. These fish (up to 30kg) make bonefish look like puppydogs. Based at NZ’s #1 Beach Resort Destination of Mount Maunganui, one can stalk a river for trophy browns one day, Haunt the flats the next, take the 42 footer out the next chasing marlin and tuna, or hunt deer or pheasants in the abundant countryside. This place is simply a sportsmans paradise – bring the family, they’ll love the baech, cafes and bars and one of the best kept secrets in the world!
Your adventure awaits!
Miles Rushmer Guiding
Miles Rushmer is New Zealand’s leading Trophy Trout fishing guide, putting clients on to numerous double digit, wild browns and rainbows in small spring creeks of the North Island’s sunny Bay of Plenty.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.