Send Booking Request
Trip at a Glance
Central Europe Guide
Dresden, Saxony, Germany
Sightseeing, Walking Tour
€149 EUR per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Sundays or on request
Transport, entrance fee to Terezin Memorial, lunch, tour of Dresden
We will be crossing a border therefore your passport is a must.
- Terezin fortress is a memorial dedicated to tens of thousands of people who died there during the Second World War because of malnutrition and disease.
- New Synagogue in Dresden was built as a replacement for the original one, burnt to the ground in 1938.
- The Zwinger Palace is the most famous landmark in Dresden. It is a baroque complex of several galleries dedicated to various rare collections.
- The former 18th Century Church of Our Lady was completley flattened down by Allies bombing in 1945 and remained like that until 1993.
- Semper Opera House rose from the ashes like the rest of the city center. The former opera building hosted nine operas composed by Richard Wagner.
Dresden is a pearl among German cities and just 2 hours drive from Prague. Dresden was honoured by the title “Florence of the North” back in the day. Roughly 75% of the historical centre of the city was destroyed by Allied bombing in 1945. The city was slowly restoring ever since then up until now when it once again shines as a jewel on the river Elbe. However before reaching this shinning jewel we will be reminded of the dark past of Germany in Terezin. It is a former fortress from the 18th Century turned into a gathering camp where thousands and thousands of people died in inhuman conditions during the Second World War. Once we reach Dresden we will have lunch together and then I will give a walking tour of the city. After the tour you will have free time to spend at your leisure. In the late afternoon we will be heading back to Prague.
Start planning your next experience today.
I'm a qualified tourist guide specializing in taking groups of travellers to Prague and other parts of the Czrch Republic and Central Europe such as Český Krumlov, Slavonice, Bratislava, Budapest or Vienna and Dresden.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.