Trip at a Glance
Heritage-History Tour, Sightseeing
Pick up at Dublin Hotel
All entrance fees to OPW sites
- Glendalough, meaning the valley of the two lakes, and famous for a sixth century monastic settlement founded by St. Kevin.
- Powerscourt Waterfall is Irelands highest at 398 ft. it is set in one of the most beautiful parklands at the foot of the Wicklow mountains.
- Powerscourt House offers some of the best views in Ireland overlooking the breathtaking Sugar Loaf Mountain.
- The Avoca River starts life as two rivers, the Avonmore and Avonbeg. These join together at a spot called the meeting of the waters.
- Wicklow Jail an important part in Irelands emigration period from the 1798 rebellion to the Great Famine of 1845-1850 to War of Independence 1916-1921