Trip at a Glance
Tongariro, New Zealand
Price$125 USD per person
4 hours base to base - 2-2.5 hours on the river
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
All Year - Every Day (except Xmas Day) - 7:30 AM unless otherwise noted
Turangi NZ, Rafting Headquarters
All on river apparel, transport to and from the river, expert guides, on river hot chocolate and chocolate, post trip hot dog and refreshments.
Has been voted NZ's best for four straight years!
- The Scenery - it is world class - steep volcanic walls, flanked by Native bush.
- The Water - so clean and clear you can drink it and see the trout swimming underneath your raft.
- The Rapids - the river drops over 180 vertical meters during your 14km journey creating over 50 fun class three rapids.
- The Waterfall Jump - go for a walk up to a hidden waterfall - its beautiful - then climb the rope and take the plunge.
- The People - our guides are all kiwi's and love their job - they will give you a fantastic and safe experience.