Trip at a Glance
Opotiki, North Island, New Zealand
Nature, Ocean Tour, Sightseeing, Walking Tour
PriceNZ$30 NZD per person
Generally allow 1-2 hours.
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Daily on request.
At or near 16 Wharf Str., Opotiki, New Zealand.
Guiding, reef block, cement and art materials are all included. Groups discounts are available (10 or more).
Sheltered decks and toilet are available at The Wharf Hub. Relaxing deck with tea/coffee/water available for mini Tour bus drivers.
- Our starting point is the long Youth art mural and historic storyboard set on the wharf, as catalysts to sharing fishing experiences of past.
- Bringing in accounts of current efforts to restore fisheries around the World. Strengths and weaknesses. Use of artificial reefs.
- Take a guided walkabout through varied exhibits in the gardens of The Wharf Hub that depict the principles used in marine enhancement.
- Using the REAF four part symbol, plan and collect the parts to put into your very own personalized cement reef block module.
- Your chance to 'connect' and contribute to the community reef through practical art on a reef block, later to be incorporated in reef deployments.