Trip at a Glance
Opotiki, North Island, New Zealand
PriceNZ$190 NZD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
16 Wharf Street, Opotiki, New Zealand
We provide all fishing equipment, tuition, transport required. Ice and processing facilities as needed. All back grounding and extras needed to give a full 'Zeand Fishing' experience.
'Zeand Fishing' also includes a walk through 'reef building' (growing more fish in the sea) as a way of creating the balance needed to be a truly sustainable fisher.
- The day starts with a brief introduction to the local history of Opotiki. Good fishers know the value of 'connecting' with the local area.
- The second part to 'Zeand Fishing' is about 'honoring' the fish and fishery. From theory to action we put wisdom and knowledge into practice.
- Fishing is more than dangling a baited hook and hoping. Keeping focus, detachment, experiencing at onement, all become the way of the Zeand Fisher.
- Making the most of your harvest is a must for sustainability. Giving some away, filleting to eat tonight, and smoking fish to last for tomorrow.
- Coming together and 'celebrating' over a meal of very fresh fish is our completing stage of Zeand Fishing. Sushimi, marinated, fried, baked, smoked.