Trip at a Glance
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Heritage-History Tour, Sightseeing
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Bus Stand ZE, Waterloo Place, Edinburgh
Please note the crossing to Holy Island and Lindisfarne is dependent on tidal conditions and is always at the drivers discretion. Your driver will ensure that crossing times allow for a safe margin. If the tour is unable to cross in the morning then we will visit in the afternoon or visit Bamburgh beach and the impressive castle instead.
- Explore many famous filming locations for movies such as ‘Downton Abbey’, 'Harry Potter' (Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry), 'Robin Hood Prince of Thieves', 'Elizabeth' and 'Blackadder'
- Enjoy a short walk to the 16th century Lindisfarne Castle
- Visit the Priory where the famous Lindisfarne Gospels were created and enjoy the spectacular views of Bamburgh Castle and the Farne Islands
- Buy some delicious Lindisfarne Mead from St Aidan’s Winery
- Visit the Alnwick Castle, a magical place and one of Europe’s finest castles