Trip at a Glance
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Heritage-History Tour, Sightseeing
PriceFrom: $30 USD per person
About a Mile.
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Sunday 10 am or as a Private Tour
Little Vic's Cafe 719 Toulouse Street
An introduction to one of New Orleans' oldest and most famous neighborhoods, dogs optional. We are highly recommended by Frommer's, Virgin Atlantic Magazine, Curve, Man About World, and many others!
Our daily groups are small, never more than 12 participants. You deserve the best. Enjoy the benefit of having a local, native historian showing you around the neighborhood where he lives! Dogs, ok!
- Gather in the Courtyard of a gracious Creole Cottage and learn of the mysteries of French and Spanish provincial life with G L-f de Villiers tours.
- Hear remarks on the influence of women while studying Spanish and French 18th and 19th century architecture along storied rues Toulouse and Royale.
- Hear of Napoleon, the garçonniere, and placage on the banquettes of rue Chartres to Jackson Square, the Pontalbas, and the lovely St. Louis Cathedral.
- Slip down picturesque Pirates Alley to the homes of William Faulkner, Truman Capote, Tennessee Williams, and the playground of Lillian Hellman.
- See the Cabildo, the Presbytere, Madame John's Legacy, and others, such as the Beauregard-Keyes Mansion, the Old Ursuline Convent, and Cafe Amelie.