Send Booking Request
Trip at a Glance
Bike Tour, Sightseeing
$45 USD per person
11 KM / 7 miles
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
June-August: everyday at 10am
Nedre Slottsgate 4, 0157 Oslo
Bike, helmet, guide, poncho if necessary
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before tour departure time. Water is available to purchase in the Viking Biking shop. Bathrooms are also available.
- The stunning modern Opera House, with time to explore both the interior and exterior;
- The car-free Akerselva River path including a stop in Oslo's most "alternative" neighborhood full of street art;
- Mathallen, the indoor food market, with time to buy some typical Norwegian food like brown cheese;
- Numerous waterfalls, with time to explore the largest one;
- The lively neighborhood of Grünerløkka.
Discover an alternative Oslo, full of street art, hip cafés, surprising waterfalls, great food and award winning coffee. During this approximately 3-hour bike tour, we will ride the path along the Akerselva River, with a stop at the heart of Oslo’s food scene, the indoor market “Mathallen” (closed on Mondays). Be amazed by rushing waterfalls in the middle of the city, just blocks from the trendy Grünerløkka neighborhood. And an absolute must is a stop at the stunningly modern Opera, to climb to the top of the roof for an amazing view.
This ride involves a few short hills next to waterfalls but otherwise is mostly flat. Stops are frequent and total distance covered is about 11km (7 miles).
Your adventure awaits!
After hiking and biking dozens of countries, the founders of Viking Biking had a vision of a more dynamic way to visit Oslo, one of the most active cities in the world. We think an active and green city deserves an active and green way to discover it!
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.