Trip at a Glance
San Francisco, California, United States
Food Tour, Lifestyle
Price$59 USD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Tuesdays and Fridays at 6:30,Saturdays 11:00AM, Sundays at 2:00PM
All food and beverages, narration, professional guide services
- Exotic Food sampling along the entire route of this walking food tour Try Dim Sum and Chinese Pastries. Participate in a tea ceremony Step back in time to a fortune cookie factory as technically advanced as the Victorian era.
- Historic and entertaining highlights narrated by a knowledgable local guide. Neighborhood history told from a personal point of view of a resident born and raised in Chinatown.
- Your guide will translate Cantonese into English for you, enabling you to see the discrict as a local. Visit eateries you would never find on your own and even if you did, the language barrier would be prohibitive, because no English is spoken.
- See the swanky Chinatown nightclubs of the 40's and 50's, Kubla Kahn's, The Forbidden CIty, The Sky Room, The Lion's Den. Hear about the heydey when American servicemen patronized the exotic Occidental clubs.
- Besides the restaurants and other eateries, you will go to the Chinese markets, produce vendors, flower stalls, and grocers along Stockton Street. Also visit an herbalist's shop and if open you'll pay your respects at a Buddhist temple.