The High Country Pub Trail
Send Booking Request
Trip at a Glance
Wanaka, South Island, New Zealand
NZ$139 NZD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
A beverage of your choice at our stop off point Cardrona Hotel.
Let us know your horse riding experience so we can tailor the ride to make it as enjoyable as possible!
- Ride your horse up the mountain and to the pub and have a drink on us!
- Breath taking views of the surrounding mountain ranges. (Take a small camera!)
- Chances to go for a trot/canter if you want/ are able to.
- Interesting commentary on the 1860s gold rush the Cardrona Valley experienced whilst riding through the working sheep, cattle & deer farm.
- Crossing the Cardrona River on your horse - keeping an eye out for gold!
Mount up and begin the big hill climb which soon gives way to spectacular views of the surrounding mountains on this horseback adventure. The working Merino sheep farmland turns to rugged rock and tussock country as you climb higher to get that even better photo opportunity. Really feels like you are on top of the world in the middle of nowhere! Descend to the iconic Cardrona Hotel where you dismount & tie your horse to our hitching rail and enjoy a well earned beverage on us in the gorgeous garden bar. If you fancy a bit of a run here’s your chance to cut loose! The trail along the river allows a safe stretch to have a nice canter- the whole package!
Your adventure awaits!
“The Cardrona” sightseeing activity centre offers first class family friendly guided horse trekking and quad biking tours of the stunning Cardrona Valley, between Wanaka and Queenstown in the South Island of New Zealand. Awarded the 2015 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.