Trip at a Glance
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Price$45 USD per person
2.5 hours round trip
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Daily at 10 am or 1 pm
Mid paddle snack.
No paddling experience necessary. Minimum of 2 paddlers required. Transportation from convenient pick up locations available for $10/person. For safety reasons we need each paddlers weight
- learn how the Spanish built a small fort on Bayou St. John, before New Orleans even became a city
- hear this bayou is one of the reasons that the French decided in the early 1700s to locate their new city at what is now the French Quarter
- gain an appreciation of this bayou and the role that it has played in the history of the city of New Orleans.
- for the first century of the city’s existence, Bayou St John was a vital waterway that contributed to the growth of the “Queen City” of the south
- urban paddle within the city limits