Trip at a Glance
Stresa, Piedmont, Italy
Boat Tour, Sightseeing
Price€240 EUR per trip
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
A boat fare varies from approx 15 euros for a regular boat trip, to approx 200 euros for a private boat rental. Entrance fees: 20,50 euros per person.
- Isola Bella was one of the stops for travellers of the Grand Tour, together with Venice, Rome, Florence, Napoli...
- The palace on Isola Bella was built in a 3-century time frame on a rocky cliff in the middle of the lake.
- The Borromeo family still own Isola Madre and Isola Bella: this dynasty has existed for 7 centuries!
- About 40 people still live in the old village on Isola Pescatori (the Fishermen's Island).
- In 2014 the chief gardener of the Borromeo family was awarded with a prize by the Royal Horticultural Society as "the best gardener in Europe".