Taste of the Italian Market
Trip at a Glance
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Food Tour, Lifestyle
$50 USD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Saturday, November 21, 2015 10:00am-1:30pm
All food, tour guide, 1 bottle of water, tips for wait staff at restaurants and taxes.
Private tours available too.
- Tasting premium aged cheeses, fresh made tortillas, pizza, hummus, fine chocolate, gelato, coffee and hanging out with the owners of the shops!
- Hearing the history of the Italian Market told by one of the neighborhood's favorite shop owners!
- Visiting the iconic shop where the Philly cheesesteak was created and tasting one wit!
- VIP discounts offered to our guests, if you choose to shop the day of the tour.
- Finishing off the tour with a hand filled, made to order cannoli!
If you’re looking for a real culinary adventure in the country’s oldest outdoor market, the Italian Market on 9th Street in Philadelphia, Chef Jacquie is your girl. A native of South Philadelphia who is also a professional chef and grew up with most of the shop owners on 9th Street. The personal history and colorful characters of these business owners comes through as Chef Jacquie prompts them to tell their family secrets, personal histories, and how they came up with their specialty products. Come hungry. You’ll get a real gastronomic tour of the Market, since there will be a sample waiting for you at every stop. From the amazing cheeses at one of Philly’s oldest cheese shops to a made-to-order cannoli, there is something for everyone. As we walk from shop to shop, you’ll sample cheese steaks, pizza, premium coffee, fine chocolate, and gelato. Most shop owners welcome your individual purchases and give a VIP discount to our guests. A complimentary bottle of water at start of tour is provided. These daytime tours are fun, flavorful, and fabulous! Each tour lasts 3–3-1/2 hours. We spend approximately 20 minutes in each shop.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.