Suggestive Walking tour in the Old Town of Palermo
Send Booking Request
Trip at a Glance
Palermo, Sicily, Italy
Art Walk, Sightseeing
€130 EUR per trip
about 3 hours
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays
Guided tour of the above mentioned highlights but no entrance tickets.
Not suites for clients with disabilities. The tour is proposed for groups of maximum 15 people.
- Guided visit of the Arab-Norman Cathedral from the XII century, now World's Heritage.
- Guided visit of the famous Palatine Chapel with its covering of mosaics from the XII century and its impressive arabic ceiling.
- A typical walking tour in the narrow alleys of Palermo's historical centre learning by your guide about the city's history.
- See the impressive baroque Square of the Quattro Canti with its monumental statues .
- See the Fountain Pretoria and learn about the history of its naked statues, the Bellini Square with the superb fassades of the Martorana and S Cataldo
We will start our tour in the old town at the Cathedral ,to visit this impressive monument which also keeps the monumental tombs of the famous Swabian Emperor Frederick II and of his relatives.
Then we will walk up to the Norman Palace to visit the jewel of Palermo, the famous Palatine Chapel from the XII century with its superb Byzantine mosaics on gilded background and its impressive Arabic wooden stalactite ceiling.
We will then continue our walk through the narrow alleys of the old town up to the famous baroque square of the Quattro Canti, then we will see Piazza Pretoria with the imposing facade of the Town Hall and the wonderful marble naked statues of the Pretoria Fountain.
In the nearby square Bellini, we will finally admire the facades of the two arab-norman churches Martorana and S. Cataldo where eventually you can stay longer also to enjoy an ice cream or a cappuccino.
Your adventure awaits!
I accompany groups of tourists and individual clients of the English, and German languages to discover the beauty of the province of Palermo. A request can also offer customized tours based on the client's needs.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.