Trip at a Glance
New York City, New York, United States
Sightseeing, Walking Tour
Price$30 USD per person
2.5 to 3 hours
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
For dates, check website schedule; 1 PM
Subway entrance at Union Square West and East 14th Street
A New Yorker with 35-years experience with the subway. An enthusiastic guide with keen insights into the art and history of the subway.
PLEASE NOTE you will need a MetroCard to take advantage of this tour. A MetroCard is not included in the tour price. Bookings MUST be made at least 36 hours in advance. Gratuities cheerfully accepted.
- See historic parts of the New York City subway system now used as art. It is as if you are part of an archeological dig!
- Marvel at artwork by world-famous artists such as Roy Lichtenstein and Sol LeWitt.
- It is on the walls, all around you: artwork you can touch! How cool is that?
- Hear the fascinating stories behind how some of the art was created.
- Be amazed at the variety and quantity of art that decorates the subway. Few locals take the time to appreciate it.