Trip at a Glance
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Car Tour, Sightseeing
Between 7 and 8 hours
Around 100 miles
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Every day at 7:30am.
I'll meet you by the exit of the Port of Civitavecchia named Forte Michelangelo where all the Cruise Ship shuttles arrive.
My thirty years experience in guiding and knowledge of Rome and of Italy. My passion for History based on a University Degree
Modest attire is required for all Churches and of course for the Vatican and St. Peter's. In the Vatican backpacks and long umbrellas are not allowed. In the summer wear sunglasses, hats and have a bottle of water with you. Comfortable shoes are a must.
- Renting a car (NOT INCLUDED): costs between 100 and 130 euro for the day and gives you freedom to go wherever you like in Rome or in Rome neighbourhoods: Tivoli, Ostia Antica, Castelgandolfo, the Alban Hills, lake of Bracciano, the Etruscan Necropolis of Cerveteri and/or Tarquinia
- By train: only 12 euro for a full day ticket that also includes buses, metro and trains in Rome
- My guests skip the line free if you feel like going inside the Vatican Museums.
- Also, skip the line for free to go inside the Coloseum.
- Code of Ethic: no uncle Mario's Restaurants or shops. I do not like those kind of deals many guides have all over the world. If you ask me for suggestions I'll give you only those I really think are worth it, not those I might get any benefit from.