Send Booking Request
Trip at a Glance
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Nature, Wildlife Tour
$95 USD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Salmon spawning tours run from mid August to mid November
To be confirmed upon booking
First Nations guide, guided canoe tour, drumming and cultural experience and a salmon feast
- See the salmon spawning along the Indian River
- Spot wildlife such as seals, river otters, eagles and a variety of other birds
- Canoe Indian River and walk ancestral trails
- Experience traditional songs, stories and drumming with First Nation guides
- Enjoy traditionally prepared grilled salmon after your kayaking or canoe experience
Join Takaya Tours for a memorable experience featuring schools of salmon swimming back to their birthplace. You’ll also walk ancestral trails along the Indian river and spot a host of other wildlife species such as eagles, elk and black bears.
Your adventure awaits!
Takaya Tours is a First Nation-owned eco-tourism venture based in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. It has been in operation since 1999 and at the core of its business are guided interpretive paddles in replica ocean-going canoes or sea kayaks. Guests paddle in the protected waters of the Burrard Inlet and Indian Arm while guides from the Coast Salish Nation sing songs, tell legends and point out ancient village sites. Tours have been specifically designed for people of all ages and fitness levels.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.