Trip at a Glance
Queenstown, South Island, New Zealand
Price$5385 USD per person
1019 km / 633 miles
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
February 23 2015; November 29 2015; 5 January 2016
Picton, South Island
3 & 4* character lodges, 15 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 13 dinners, full minibus support, experienced guide/cycle mechanic, wine with final dinner, snacks and water, maps with profiles, souvenir jersey,
Road and hybrid bikes available to rent. Single occupancy surcharge for those who want guaranteed own room.
- A spectacular ride through Queen Charlotte Drive, native bush and over Pelorus Bridge. Quiet back roads through Nelson Lakes National Park.
- Queenstown, known as the "adventure capital of the world". Awe-inspiring scenery, adventure, relaxation and rejuvenation, and pure mountain air.
- Westland National Park and Fox Glacier: dramatic glacier flowing down to rainforest, with a backdrop of New Zealand’s highest snow capped peaks.
- Paparoa National Park and the impressive pancake rocks and blowholes at Punakaiki.
- The West Coast, (or Te Wahi Pounamu) is rightly recognized as a World Heritage Area, and is where "The Lord of the Rings" was filmed.