Southern Alps 15 Day Inn Trip
Send Booking Request
Trip at a Glance
Christchurch, South Island, New Zealand
Bike Tour, Sightseeing
$5820 USD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
11 Nov. - 25 Nov.; 16 Dec. - 30 Dec.; 01 Feb. - 15 Feb.
14 breakfasts, 9 lunches and 11 dinners; Support van and accommodations
Single Surcharge:$1200 USD If willing to share there will be no surcharge; Bike Rental: $400 USD
- Walk to the Devil's Punchbowl Waterfall enjoy a fabulous descent of Otira Gorge to the sea and Hokitika.
- Walk up the valley to the terminal ice and perhaps a scenic flight onto the snow. View the snowy peaks of Mt Cook and Mt Tasman reflected in beautiful Lake Matheson.
- Ride through lush rainforest to Lake Moeraki.
- To picturesque Lake Hawea and Lake Wanaka, famed for trout fishing. Visit a vineyard or take a hike up Mt Iron.
- Ride to Lake Tekapo, down Burke's Pass to stay on a sheep farm at Fairlie
The Southern Alps tour takes one on a breathtaking loop through some of the world’s finest scenery. Stay in charming inns and hotels. Walk on a glacier, experience the rainforest on a range of short hikes and meet friendly New Zealanders. Ride to Mt Cook and stay on a sheep farm. Besides great biking you can try jet-boating, rafting, scenic flights and bungy jumping. This is one of our most popular trips, and the Southern Lakes region has just been rated eighth on Lonely Planet’s list of the best regions to visit in 2012.
Your adventure awaits!
Pedaltours is now in its 30th year of offering fabulous New Zealand cycling holidays. The team at Pedaltours are as passionate about the trips we offer as ever. Our local guides add that extra personal touch with their extensive knowledge of each area - the flora, fauna and the outdoors. The Pedaltours team is dedicated to bringing you the NZ bicycle holiday of a lifetime. As well as offering tours in New Zealand, Pedaltours run tours in Australia, Vietnam, India, the Czech Republic and Austria.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.