Trip at a Glance
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Lifestyle, Sightseeing, Wine Tour
Price$169 USD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Monday's, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Snacks, bottled water, all entry & tasting fees.
Guest expenses limited to lunch stops
- Kettle Valley Steam Railway - All aboard for a 90 minute ride in a totally restored 1912 locomotive with incredible views of Summerland's orchards, vineyards and natural beauty.
- Local Lounge • Grille - A lakeside patio luncheon in a new upscale restaurant located next to the Summerland Waterfront Resort. Stunning panoramic lake views and the complete Epicurean experience will ensure an amazing experience!
- Summerland Sweets - Founded in 1962 by Ted Anderson, originally making fruit jelly candies as a Rotary Club fund-raiser. That "retirement project" grew into a full range of fruit based products including pancake syrups, gourmet jams, nut brittles and many gift packages. Their success is based on using only top quality tree and vine ripened fruit! You will definitely be able to find some delectables for yourselves and your friends back home at this stop!
- Sleeping Giant Fruit Winery - The winery is owned by Ted Atkinson at Summerland Sweets. What lay behind Ted's success there was his dedication to quality and being very particular about the type of fruit that went into his products! His strict guidelines have now been incorporated into the new Sleeping Giant Winery. Guests will get to taste the quality first hand! Their wine maker Ron Taylor comes from Andres Wines where they produced over 5 million litres every year and he was in charge of quality control!
- Little Straw Vineyards - Guests will be treated to a glass of wine (chosen from several wine tastings. You will enjoy stunning vineyard and lake views at this family-owned winery established in 1996. Owner, Peter Slamka, known for his remarkably popular white blend of wine "Tapestry" and for producing the only Auxerrois Icewine in all of Canada.