San Antonio De Areco Y Basilica De Lujan
Trip at a Glance
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Heritage-History Tour, Sightseeing
From: $315 USD per trip
160 miles return
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
8:30 am every day
Your Hotel /Appartement/Ship
All inclusive.No extra charges. Cold soft drinks are supplied.
A small amount of walking is required.
- All inclusive tour with bilingual guide.
- Good value for money; this tour is usually offered as two separate trips.
- Learn about handcrafts made in San Antonio de Areco in traditional workshops.
- Relaxing trip away from the agitation of the city in a fantastic and quiet environment.
- Discover the character of "Don Segundo Sombra" and the history of San Antonio de Areco.
A trip to San Antonio de Areco to visit this nice village and its workshops. On the way back you stop at the fabulous cathedral of Lujan, the second pilgrimage site in South America.
We leave early to make sure you enjoy a full day. The journey to the village of San Antonio de Areco is very pleasant and makes you discover another aspect of the Province of Buenos Aires.
You will be able to look at a village which is typical of Argentina’s provinces. There are many workshops to visit in charming little streets. On the edge of the village is the river Areco that we shall cross to go to the Museum Ricardo Güiraldes, a sample of gaucho life and estancia, named after the writer of the most famous gaucho novel “Don Segundo Sombra”. It is the ideal place to enjoy a “parilla” with succulent Argentinian meat in one of the small restaurants which offers meals at reasonable prices.
On the way back we take another route and stop over in Lujan to visit the spectacular Basilica of Lujan.
A wonderful day out , and a good rest, away from the noise and agitation of Buenos Aires.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.