Trip at a Glance
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Heritage-History Tour, Sightseeing
Price$20 USD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Year round: every day except Monday, both East and West Meeting Points at 10:00am. Tour unavailable Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
West Meeting Point: In front of McDonalds, opposite main entrance to S+U Zoologischer Garten Train Station. Hardenbergplatz 2-4, 10623 , East Meeting Point: In front of "AM to PM" Bar/Restaurant, at S Hackescher Markt Train Station, Am Zwirngraben 4, 10178
An ABC Zone Day transportation ticket is required for this tour. Tour unavailable Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
- Uncover the realities of life and death in the camp: people fell victim to starvation, disease, forced labour and systematic extermination.
- Visit the punishment cells, execution grounds and crematorium, Pathology Laboratory and Hospital, and the 'pit', which victims were thrown into.
- Learn of stories of valour amid the horror, such as the British Royal Marine Commandos forced to test German army equipment, and hear about the fate of notable prisoners such as Stalin’s son, and the use of 'death marches' to murder remaining survivors before Soviet liberation
- We also detail life and death in Special Camp No. 7/1, as Sachsenhausen was to become known under the Soviets. Until its closure in 1950, a further 60,000 men were held captive here, mostly former Nazi functionaries, German POWs and Soviet deserters.
- Learn the sad facts of how ome 12,000 inmates died of hunger, cold and disease under the Soviets