Trip at a Glance
Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Sightseeing, Walking Tour
Price$65 USD per person
approx. 7 hours
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Saturday and Sunday's, 10 am/or group tours can be arranged at a specific time to suit you.
Kiyosumi-shirakawa station, exit A3 at street level.
One day walk with a tour guide, admission to Kiyosumi Garden and the Fukagawa - Edo museum.
- The Japanese garden, Kiyosumi Teien. Not huge, but cozy and beautiful in any season.
- Fukagawa Edo Museun. Fukagawa is a name of this area, and Edo was the former name of Tokyo about 400 years ago. The museum provides you with a sense of real life in the Edo period which has affected lots to our modern life.Time trip to the Edo period.
- Try a local dish - Fukagawa meshi. It was originally a fast food dish for fishermen during the Edo period. Fukagawa meshi consists of asari clams and green onion, cooked in miso soup and then poured over a bowl of rice.
- Historical shrine and Buddhist temple. We will visit a popular shrine, which is deeply connected with sumo culture, and a Buddhist temple where you can see the " Goma Rite". It's very characteristic practice of Shingon Esoteric Buddhism which gives you some kind of inspiration!
- (Optional) There are a few sumo stables in the area. Upon your request, if the condition meets, visiting the sumo stable and seeing Sumo wrestlers' practise will be available early in the morning.