Trip at a Glance
Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
Sightseeing, Walking Tour
Price£60 GBP per trip
NTS Car Park Culloden Battlefield
Walking tour services of a professional STGA Guide.
This walking tour does not include entry to the neighbouring National Trust for Scotland Visitor Centre. Maximum group size 16 people.
- View the battlefield from both the Government and Jacobite lines and hear about the fearsome Highland Charge and how the British troops counteracted.
- Visit the Well of the Dead and hear about a brave Highland warrior, a white ribbon and an incredible act of love.
- Walk alongside the Clan Stones, maybe pausing by the Clan Fraser stone (so important in the Outlander stories).
- Think about the barbaric and bloody aftermath of the battle standing next to Leanachan Cottage the site of a makeshift field hospital.
- Take a glance around you to see if you can see any of the ghosts associated with the battlefield. Is that a ghostly Redcoat waving from the frontline?