Rafting on the Rio Grande from Kingston
Send Booking Request
Trip at a Glance
Olde Jamaica Tours
Kingston, Portland, Jamaica
$130 USD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Mondays-Saturdays, 7.00 am
Transportation-bus, raft, tour guide & lunch
Travel light on the raft(you may leave stuff not needed on the raft in the bus) Clothing & shoes may get wet. Carry Sun block, a hat/cap, and camera.Tip for the raft captain not included.
- Rafting is a slow moving bamboo raft guided by a raft captain and allows guests to enjoy the beautiful scenary and vegetation of the surrounding areas
- Rafting on the Rio Grande is one of the most relaxing experiences you will participate in.
- The raft captains are skiled, experienced, and licensed by the Jamaica Tourist Board.They know every turn and bump in the river.
- Guests will get the opportunity to taste the flavour of food cooked on a wood fire on the river bank(just like old-times)
- A minimum of 5 adults needed for quoted price for this trip. Small groups may be accommodated at adjusted rate.
From Kingston guests will travel through the mountains to the coast which leads into Port Antonio(where Jamaica’s Tourist Trade began), we then travel into the hills to the Rio Grande Valley to start the ride down the river on bamboo rafts. At this point guests will be equipped with life jackets and assigned to rafts. Midway the trip we will stop to enjoy some Jamaican cooked lunch cooked on the side of the river.
After lunch, we resume the journey which ends in St Margaret’s Bay(return journey has started).Here our driver is awaiting us to return to Kingston. Each raft can take 2 adults and the raft captain.
Let Olde Jamaica Tours help you plan your next memorable experience.
Olde Jamaica Tours has been operating for the last ten years. We offer customized tours to heritage sites in Jamaica, especially the historical churches and other worship sites, museums and Great Houses. The Blue and John Crow mountains that overlooks our capital city Kingston has recently been designated by UNESCO as a World Heritage site. Coffee tours into the Blue Mountains is one of our tours that should not be missed (learn about the country's history and culture). The aim of the staff at Olde jamaica Tours is to surpass our clients' expectations.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.