Trip at a Glance
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Heritage-History Tour, Sightseeing, Walking Tour
Price$150 USD per trip
About a mile.
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
A two-hour commentary filled with sound analysis and fun-facts provided by a direct descendant of the owners of the original plantation. Special pricing for tours through the month of September 2016.
The group price includes up to six guests. G L-f de Villiers is your locally owned and operated community based tour provider. Since 1989. Local, native guide. Recommended by Frommer's.
- Be enchanted and amazed by the famed above-ground tombs of Lafayette Cemetery. Learn about burial practices with ancient roots. German Heritage site.
- Ride there on the St. Charles Avenue Streetcar alongside the homes of the famous and infamous. Admire National Landmark architectural treasures.
- Revel in the loveliness of the Louisiana Raised Cottage beauty Toby's Corner, the oldest house in the Garden District and home to Carnival royalty.
- Exalt in the Bradish Johnson Mansion, a Reconstruction-era example of elegance that departs from the white-columned confections one might expect!
- With 19th century opulence, National Register mansions, pristine gardens, and sumptuous charm, it is one of our city's loveliest neighborhoods.