Send Booking Request
- Villa of Vedio Pollione: Ancient Romans never were wrong. Yes, maybe you had visited historical ruins around Italy, but here you'll face with the beauty of nature and of mankind: they built the theatre overlooking the Tyrrenian sea, with Capri, Procida and Ischia in sight.
- Temple of Serapis: in the heart of Pozzuoli, the former greek and phoenician port, then the sea gate of Roman Empire, a witness of intense volcan activity from 2.700 years ago to the present.
- Lake of Averno: relax your self on this great spot, a volcanic crater turned in a mysterious lake, known to be the "hell gate" in Vergilius poem "Eneide."
- Bagnoli north jetty: a 900 mt walk over the sea, Campi Flegrei in touch.
- ILVA: a ghost industrial site, now a big challenge to redevelop.
The journey starts in Coroglio with the sightseeing of the Pausilypon archeological area, the astonishing Villa of Vedio Pollione and the panoramic view point overlooking the charming bay of Trentaremi. Professional guides from the CSI Gaiola (on reservation) will lead us through the beauties of the site. Afterwards we will gently descend towards the village of Bagnoli and then move to the heart of the Campi Flegrei area that is the small town of Pozzuoli. Here we will stop at the Temple of Serapis, known to be the “thermometer” of the volcanic phenomenon of bradyseism (raising and lowering of the ground level).
From the center of Pozzuoli to the mysterious and fascinating Lago D’Averno is just a trow of a stone. The circumnavigation of the lake, part of the Park of Campi Flegrei, is an easy ride by bike and allows participants to see the remains of the Temple of Apollo romantically sourrounded by a lush nature. Ducks, cormorants, geese and other inhabitants of the lake greet cyclists heading towards Pozzuoli.
On our way back we will ride along the promenade of Pozzuoli and finally we will stop at the North Jetty in via Coroglio, near Piazza Bagnoli, to enjoy the view “from the sea” of Campi Flegrei. Unforgettable is the sensation of touching the nearby tiny island of Nisida and having the impressive bulk of Ischia island in the same picture. More details about the history of the area and the undergoing redevelopment projects are provided by expert guides.
Your adventure awaits!
Bike Tour Napoli
Biketour Naples was born from the passion of Neapolitan cyclists eager to introduce travelers to the beauty of their city away from the overused, stereotypical "postcard" locations. The Biketour Naples team strives to bring a sense of childlike wonderment to their city biking tours-discovering unusual urban secrets, digging up hidden gems and sharing the vibrant energy and positivity of Naples.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.