Trip at a Glance
San Jose, San Jose, Costa Rica
Adventure, Hiking Trekking
Price$2499 USD per person
When Possible, your guide will greet you as you exit customs in the airport in Costa Rica. Detailed date and time information will be disseminated as your adventure approaches and flights are booked. From the moment you arrive, you’ll spend the entire time enjoying yourself, completely at ease, while we do the rest.
11+1 Days in Country • Accommodation in 4 Locations • Private Transportation for Duration • Sky Trek Zipline • White Water Rafting • Nosara/Santa Teresa Surf Lesson • Mangrove River Paddle Boarding • Waterfall & Volcano Hiking • Scenic Ferry Across the Gulf of Nicoya • Meals: 10 Breakfasts, 9 Lunches, 5 Dinners • Fully Guided Trip
All activities on your trip are fully outfitted and guided, and no technical equipment or previous experience is needed. Thrive Adventures employs a “Challenge by Choice” philosophy, and if your health does not allow you to participate in a specific aspect of your adventure, we will gladly arrange an alternate activity of your choice. If you are not sure about your ability to participate in an activity, please contact us for consultation. It is your responsibility to contact us regarding physical limitations or concerns well in advance of your departure.
- Sky Trek Zipline: Ride an open-air gondola from the ground to the heights of Arenal Volcano National Park and step onto an observation deck in view of the stunning landscape. Fastened safely in your harness, you’ll be at ease as you soar across canyons and between treetops, experiencing the vast beauty of the park from a vantage point most never see... Tarzan-style!
- Pacuare White Water Rafting: Famous for its beauty, this true river gorge is flanked by lofty green walls and abundant wildlife. Enjoy a reprieve from the bustle and noise of urban life as you float down the river with tropical birds and morpho butterflies sailing overhead, sloth, toucans, and rainforest frogs raising their voices to ask who’s new to the neighborhood, and waterfalls cascading in a steady rhythm over the towering natural architecture.
- Waterfall & Volcano Hiking: 200 volcanic formations and thousands of waterfalls paint this stunning landscape, and monkeys, toucans, and all forms of wildlife greet you to their jungle backyard.
- Santa Teresa Surf Lessons: Jungle and ocean embrace to frame this leisurely town with its famous surf and sunsets. Waves are consistent and appropriate for learning the sport, and when you need a break, the award-winning eco-friendly beaches welcome you with birdsong, sunshine, and the lullaby of the waves.
- Nosara Paddle Boarding: Shafts of sunlight weave through the mangrove arches that shade the waterways of the Rio Nosara, creating a picturesque, peaceful home for a host of creatures. Atop a large, steady paddle board, even those with no experience have an easy time navigating the calm waters, and come quietly close to the wild inhabitants of this storybook scene.