Trip at a Glance
Alexandra, South Island, New Zealand
Bike Tour, Sightseeing
Price$2300 USD per trip
Usually 3 days but can be longer (or shorter)
Approx 150 km
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Any day - time by arrangement
Alexandra/Clyde or Middlemarch.
Pick up and drop off at your accommodation in Alexandra/Clyde or Middlemarch. Transportation of luggage etc to your next destination as you cycle. Provision of morning and/or afternoon tea along the way. Transportation of non-cycling travelers and transportation to other attractions as arranged during itinerary planning. Local history and guiding information provided as you go. Assistance with pick up and return of equipment also provided.
- Enjoy three days of cycling along the Otago Central Trail and be surrounded by absolutely amazing scenery.
- Visit the historic town of St Bathans with its beautiful man-made Blue Lake - a remnant of sluicing for gold in the 1860s.
- The trail boasts several amazing tunnels to cycle through and a couple of towering viaduct bridges.
- Stop at a historic pub and mining village from the days of the gold rush and enjoy the high quality food/coffee.
- trying the winter sport of Curling in Naseby's all year round ice rink