Oscar Niemeyer in Niterói
Trip at a Glance
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Heritage-History Tour, Lifestyle, Sightseeing
$220 USD per trip
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
10 AM daily
Pick-up at your hotel
Entrance fees, car, licensed tour guide
- See Brazil’s great national architect, Oscar Niemeyer, latest buildings.
- Explore the MAC - Museu de Arte Contemporânea, Niteróis landmark.
- Enjoy the view from City Park into Rio de Janeiro.
- Visit the Fortess Santa Cruz and take in the spectacular scenery from this unique viewpoint.
- Ride across the 14 kilometer (9 mile) long bridge from Rio to Niterói and back.
Brazil’s great national architect, advocate of both tropical lightness in living and monumental state buildings, didn’t only plan and shape Brazil’s capital Brasília, he left his traces in Rio’s sister city Niterói. During this tour, we visit Caminho Niemeyer, a path along the coast on which we find several late works of Niemeyer, such as Teatro Popular, Fundação Roberto Silveira, a museum for the history of cinema and MAC, the Museum for Contemporary Art with its shape of a calyx that became the landmark of the city.
We will stop for a snack and enjoy a splendid view to Rio, followed by a drive up to an amazing view point of the city park from which the most courageous can paraglide down. Another great destination on this outing is the fortress of Santa Cruz. Facing Sugar Loaf on the other side of the bay, it offers great sea wind, views to all sides and also a historical circuit.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.