Marvel at the charming combination of history and natural beauty on this private guided tour of Arrábida from Lisbon. Drive to the renowned culinary region of Azeitão and discover flavourful wines and aromatic cheeses. You will see the natural beauty of Arrábida Mountain Park and explore top cultural attractions like Arrábida Convent, the medieval tide mill and the Forte de São Filipe.
WHAT TO EXPECT
You’ll travel south from Lisbon to Azeitão, a picturesque region noted for its wines and cheeses. On this full-day excursion you’ll visit the natural reserve of Arrábida, where you’ll take in stunning mountain views, and learn about the area’s history, experience some of its top products, and visit its beaches (during the summer). Along the way, you will stop to see the Arrábida Convent, Lapa de Santa Margarida, before reaching the historical centre of Setúbal.
Next you’ll head to a very rare, restored tide mill that was built in 1601. This piece of industrial archaeology stands as a testimony to medieval engineering expertise. The mill still uses the tides as a source of renewable, non-polluting energy.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Be sure to bring comfortable shoes, sunscreen, and a camera;
- At time of booking, hotel/Airbnb etc. clients must provide the following information at time of booking: hotel name and address;
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, disembarkation time and re-boarding time;
- National monuments close on public holidays or on special occasions, without notice;
- The sequence of the mentioned places can be changed according to customer’s will or due to weather conditions.
Let TakingUThere New Travel Experiences help you plan your next memorable experience.
All our private tours are made to keep you off “the beaten tracks”. This means that we will take you to all the places that a traveller obviously should not miss, but at the same time away from the usual touristic hustle, sharing with you all the places, people and culture we know and love. We do not want you to feel like a tourist on our tours, rather a fellow traveller or a friend that came to visit. We will give you time to “soak everything in”. There is no timetable to be met, or places that must be seen. Just choose a trip or tour and let us worry about TakingUThere!