Napoli UNESCO World Heritage
Send Booking Request
- Naples promenade, boats on your right, restaurants and bars on your left and in the middle a lot of people enjoying life
- Castel dell'Ovo (The Egg Castle) and Megaride Island: why ancient Greeks sailed so far from their land to settle here, 2.700 years ago?
- Cross Piazza Plebiscito and try to pass, blindfolded, between two horses, if you can....
- Life for Neapolitans is always "on stage": wonder around vicoli, hearing screams and smelling flavours of multicolor markets
- The "Decumani", Romans made: still today the life veins of the city
Seeking the Greek-roman roots of the city.
Initially we follow the promenade of Naples, touching the magical original nucleus of the city, Castel dell’ Ovo, its underlying village “Borgo Marinari”, heading east on Via Caracciolo.Then we ride along the stately Piazza del Plebiscito and the Royal Palace, the commercial and bustling street Via Toledo, Piazza Carità and Piazza del Gesù.Here starts the ancient Greek hearth of Naples, with its Decumani – the main parallel roads of the Greek city Neapolis, crossing dozens of “vicoli”, the narrow tiny streets of the historical city centre. We ride the lower Decumano heading up to the central (called “Maggiore”), Via dei Tribunali and Anticaglia. Extension: from Piazza del Plebiscito with a short climb we go on the top of Mount Echia, the first mainland site of Greek settlers. A beautiful view on Castel dell’Ovo and the Gulf of Naples enlighten your tour.
Your adventure awaits!
Bike Tour Napoli
Biketour Naples was born from the passion of Neapolitan cyclists eager to introduce travelers to the beauty of their city away from the overused, stereotypical "postcard" locations. The Biketour Naples team strives to bring a sense of childlike wonderment to their city biking tours-discovering unusual urban secrets, digging up hidden gems and sharing the vibrant energy and positivity of Naples.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.