Trip at a Glance
Lake Mývatn, Iceland
Sightseeing, Walking Tour
Price$180 USD per person
6 - 8 hrs
10 to 15 kilometers
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Reykjahlíð tourist info centre
Tour and tourguide.
Wear good hiking boots/shoes and clothes acording to weather. Bring food and drinkingwater.
- Explore caves in the lavafield that are filled with geothermal water.
- Hike to the top of Hverfjall explosion crater and enjoy a wonderful view over the lake Mývatn and lava fields.
- Visit Dimmuborgir lavafield and see odd shapes and lava landscape. Who knows if we will see elves or trolls.
- See the Craterline from which the lava came 2500 years ago that creared the lake and lavafields.
- Bath in the geothermal lake at Mývatn nature baths.