Modernism and its Sad Story
Trip at a Glance
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Architectural Tour, Sightseeing
$155 USD per trip
4 or 6 hours
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Your hotel or appartment
Not included in price drinks or snacks, entrance fees and transportation.
- Walking tour, the best way to discover Barcelona's beauties.
- Admire Casa Batlló and La Pedrera by Antoni Gaudí.
- See other Modernists buildings: global pieces of art.
- Learn what happened to these beauties, see how some of them were destroyed.
- Visit Sagrada Familia, the most visited monument in Barcelona.
Don’t miss and take a leisurely stroll in what is a real open-air museum. Visit the Quadrat d’Or (Golden Square), in the Eixample District, an area which showcases Barcelona’s modernist artistic movement at the turn of the 19th century in which every building was considered a piece of global art. Admire its remarkable buildings by modernist architects, such as Puig i Cadafalch, Domènech i Muntaner, Antonio Gaudí or Enric Sagnier. Find out how some of these beauties have been destroyed. Depending on your time we can leave the beaten track and visit some less well-known modernist buildings and shops, all of great cultural interest or admire some other amazing buildings on our way to Sagrada Familia. Our prize before finishing our 6h walking tour!!!
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.