Trip at a Glance
Yakushima, Kagoshima, Japan
Adventure, Hiking Trekking
Price$130 USD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Departure time depends on your hotel location
Bento Lunch; Transportation; Insurance
I can arrange hiking gear rental as well as good accommodation and transportation to/from Yakushima.
- From the summit the view is thrilling. Directly 900 metres below is Onoaida. You can see right along the coastline and far out to sea. The views are so good that you have to tear yourself off the top to make the journey back down.
- The halfway point is marked by a 3,000 year old cryptomeria tree called Bandai sugi. There is barely enough space on the ridge for it to sit upon.
- There are some exciting rope climbs with the last one to the summit being the best.
- The summit is one of the best places on the island to eat your lunch!
- This hike is a good workout for the fitness enthusiast.