Send Booking Request
Trip at a Glance
Great Lake Expedition
$2000 USD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
09:00am any days
-Armed ranger, Park fees, Forest fees, Crew fees, Crew salaries, Transport, Meals & Water, Accommodations, Transfers, Camping equipment, Rescue fees, Emergency oxygen
The clients has to clear his/her visas
- DAY 1 Momella Gate to Miriakamba Huts Elevation: 4,921 ft to 8,250 ft Distance: 10 km Hiking Time: 4-6 hours Habitat: Rain Forest
- DAY 2 Miriakamba Huts to Saddle Huts Elevation: 8,250 ft to 11,712 ft Distance: 8 km Hiking Time: 3-5 hours Habitat: Heath
- DAY 3 Saddle Huts to Summit Elevation: 11,712 ft to 14,977 ft Distance: 5 km Hiking Time: 4-6 hours Habitat: Alpine Desert
- Summit to Miriakamba Huts Elevation: 14,977 ft to 8,250 ft Distance: 13 km Hiking Time: 4-6 hours Habitat: Heath
- DAY 4 Miriakamba Huts to Momella Gate Elevation: 11,712 ft to 4,921 ft Distance: 10 km Hiking Time: 2-4 hours Habitat: Rain Forest
Mount Meru is an often overlooked, but spectacular volcano located in the center of Arusha National Park. At 14,980 feet high, Meru serves as a great warm up to Mount Kilimanjaro or a complete standalone hike in it of itself. The crowds that can plague Kilimanjaro are non-existent here, allowing for a solitary, peaceful trek. Accommodations are in wood huts.
On the lower slopes of the mountain and inside the park, there is a good chance of spotting animals. An armed ranger will accompany your party on the first stage to protect against any wildlife threats. The trail follows the north rim of the crater, along a dramatic ridgeline. Once at the summit, the views of Mount Kilimanjaro and down into Meru crater are unforgettable.
Great Lake Expedition offers Mount Meru as a four day private climb. However, clients from different parties and operators are often combined to walk with the armed ranger on the lower slopes
Your adventure awaits!
Great Lake Expedition
With some years of experience Great Lake Expedition has a proven expertise on East Africa Adventures. We lead over 400 climbs per year, with more than 600 adventurers climbing with us annually. Literally thousands of climbers have stood on the top of Kilimanjaro and enjoy safaris with us. Our clients have included journalists, photographer and high profile people.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.