Send Booking Request
Trip at a Glance
North Island, New Zealand
Adventure, Hiking Trekking, Rafting
$2999 USD per person
12 days + travel time
When Possible, your guide will greet you as you exit customs in the airport in New Zealand. Detailed date and time information will be disseminated as your adventure approaches and flights are booked. From the moment you arrive, you’ll spend the entire time enjoying yourself, completely at ease, while we do the rest.
Accommodations in 6 Locations • 13 Days in Country • Private Transportation for Duration • Whitewater Rafting the Kaituna River • Biking the Whakarewarewa Forest • Black Water Rafting Waitomo Caves • Tongariro Crossing Volcano Hike • Maori Cultural Experience • Hot Water Beach • Cathedral Cove • Select Meals: 9 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches, 6 Dinners • Fully Guided Trip
Additional Optional Activities: • Jet Boating • Skyline Luge • Zorb • Surf Lesson
- Black Water Rafting: Cruise through the underground labyrinth of the Ruakuri Cave on this subterranean adventure. Walk through limestone caves, splash through small underground waterfalls, and float down an underground river lit from above by glow worms on the vaulted ceilings.
- Tongariro Crossing Volcano Hike: Heralded as New Zealand’s best single-day hike and one of the top ten single-day hikes in the world, the Tongariro Crossing is not to be missed. At 12.1 mi (19.4 km) in length it takes 6 to 8 hours to finish. Climbing this active volcano affords spectacular views of old lava flows, volcanic craters, fluorescent geothermal pools, and a unique tempered forest.
- Whitewater Rafting the Kaituna River: Summon your sense of adventure as you paddle through a river gorge toward the world’s highest commercially rafted waterfall. Tutea Falls stands at 7 meters (21 feet)., but you’ll be in for a worry-free thrill with professional, safety-conscious guides and a soft plunge into a calm, open pool.
- Maori Cultural Experience: Savor a traditional feast and spend an evening learning the unique culture, dance, and tribal traditions of New Zealand’s native Maori people.
- Biking the Whakarewarewa Forest: With trails suitable for everyone from children to expert mountain bikers, this is a hub for all levels of riders pursuing an active tour of the area’s gorgeous scenery. Riders are afforded frequent views of Rotorua’s lakes and geothermal activity, as well as Mount Tarawera asserting its majestic presence above the trees.
Relax on the beaches of the Bay of Plenty and the Coromandel Peninsula, awaken your inner child and laugh down the hill on a zorb or luge ride, blackwater raft a lazy underground river in the Waitomo Caves District, hike the world-renowned Tongariro Crossing, whitewater raft the thrilling Kaituna River Falls… and that’s just for starters on this outdoor adventure. Day 1: Welcome to New Zealand!
Day 1: Arrive in Auckland and enjoy city views from the One Tree Hill lookout point
Day 2 & 3: Black Water Rafting & Waitomo Caves. Float down a tame underground river on this subterranean caving adventure. Explore the New Zealand countryside and prepare for the next day’s hike
Day 4: Tongariro Crossing Volcano Hike Day 4: Energize your body and spirit on one of the world’s top ten single- day hikes
Day 5 – 7: Rotorua Adventure & Intrigue. Pause for breathtaking views of lake Taupo and an optional Jet Boating experience as we head to Rotorua. Raft the Kaituna river waterfall, then celebrate your success with a Maori Cultural Experience & Feast. Begin the day biking through the Whakarewarewa Forest, then laugh down a zorb or luge ride to finish the day.
Day 8 & 9: Mt. Maunganui is the perfect volcanic backdrop for that to-be-framed beach photo of you smiling, learning to surf, or simply basking in the sunshine
Day 10: Hot Water Beach. Relish this natural spa as you relax in the warm water of the beach hot springs and the cool refreshment of the waves
Day 11: Cathedral Cove. Spend the day exploring and capturing epic photos of the rock formations and wildlife on this pristine preserve
Day 12: Auckland Celebration Dinner. Celebrate your experiences and newly-created memories with dinner in New Zealand’s capital and a night on the town
Day 12+1: Safe travels, Mate! Fly home or continue on a customized Self Guided Itinerary Extension
Your adventure awaits!
Thrive Adventures is an international adventure tour company founded on a deep respect and wonder for our natural world and a firm belief that an active, exploratory lifestyle contributes to both personal well-being and professional development. We seek to provide experiences that fuel your spirit and add to your life fulfillment. We don’t believe in “one-size-fits-all,” and your adventure will be both the best value for your funds and a personalized experience with memories to treasure for a lifetime. Your world is full of rare beauty and activities, and our aim is to show you those hidden secrets while other companies pass by in a tour bus. Don’t just live… Thrive!
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.