Marble Mountain & Linh Ung Pagoda
Trip at a Glance
Hoi An, Vietnam
Cultural Immersion, Lifestyle
From: $38 USD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Transfer and transportation as per itinerary English speaking tour guide Travel insurance FOC for children 0-5 years old 50% off for children 6-10 years old
- Climb the stone steps carved into Marble Mountain to discover caves, grottoes and a Buddhist Pagoda
- Marvel at the panoramic view from the top of the mountain
- Visit the stone village to watch skilled sculptors create marble products
- Travel to the tip of the peninsula where the 70ft Lady Buddha statue dominates the Da Nang skyline
- See the sheer size and beauty of the Lady Buddha up close then learn the legend behind this patron saint of seamen
The Marble Mountain is a popular sightseeing location in Da Nang because of its alluring beauty. Stone steps carved into the mountain lead to a Buddhist Pagoda. You can also discover stunning caves and enjoy the beautiful view from the top of the mountain. Upon arrival to the mountain, we will climb up the stone stairs and visit the caves and pagodas as well as admire the beautiful panoramic view. We will then head down the mountain and visit the stone village where the skilled local sculptors create many marble products. Before getting back to the hotel, we head to Linh Ung Pagoda.
Built under the reign of King Minh Mang in the Nguyen Dynasty (the 19th century), legend has it a Buddhist statue drifted downstream to the area and got anchored at a sandy embankment. The local villagers thought it was a good sign, so they built up a small pagoda to worship the statue. From that day on, they said, the whole coastal region enjoyed good weather, with no big storms and rough sea waves, while local fishermen harvested good fishing.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.