Marble Mountain and Son Tra Peninsula
Trip at a Glance
Da Nang, Vietnam
From: $37 USD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Transfer and transportation as per itinerary English speaking tour guide Travel insurance FOC for children 0-5 years old 50% off for children 6-10 years old
- Climb the stone steps carved into Marble Mountain to discover caves, grottoes and a Buddhist Pagoda
- Marvel at the panoramic view from the top of the mountain
- Visit Non Nuoc Stone Carving Village to watch skilled sculptors create marble products
- Travel uphill through the lush foliage of Son Tra Peninsula to reach the tip where the 70ft Lady Buddha statue dominates the Da Nang skyline
- See the sheer size and beauty of the Lady Buddha up close then learn the legend behind this patron saint of seamen.
The Marble Mountain is a cluster of five marble and limestone mountains which are named after the five elements and is a popular sightseeing location in Da Nang because of its alluring beauty. Stone steps carved into the mountain lead to a Buddhist Pagoda. You can also discover stunning caves and enjoy the beautiful view from the top of the mountain. Marble Mountain is also home to Non Nuoc Stone Carving Village, which is a unique craft village to the south of the city. Situated at the foot of the Marble Mountains, this craft village has a proud history covering more than 200 years.
Leaving Marble Mountain, we will head north to visit the Son Tra Peninsula. It is 693m high above sea level and 10km from the center of Da Nang City to the North-East. Staying at this elevated position we’ll pay a visit to Linh Ung – Bai But pagoda which is considered one of the biggest pagodas in Da Nang city in both scale and architecture. It beautifully combines both modern style and traditional style. The most striking feature of this vast pagoda is its huge Lady Buddha statue, which is one of the tallest in Viet Nam (67 meters) and spectacularly dominates the skyline. From here, you can contemplate the whole city, mountain and Son Tra peninsula. In addition, from the distance, you will see Marble Mountain along with white sand-bank.
The beautiful landscape creates a unique impression that you cannot find in other place. It can be seen from every place of the city and looks like a mushroom of which the cap is Son Tra Mountain and the stalk is a beautiful sandy beach that affords an ideal area for bathing, swimming, playing sports and fishing. Return to the hotel.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.