Trip at a Glance
Mantua, Lombardy, Italy
Heritage-History Tour, Sightseeing
Price$160 USD per trip
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
everyday at 10:00 am and 14:00 pm
Piazza Sordello. 23 - at Rigoletto's House (Casa di Rigoletto) in Mantua
The tour price includes 2 hours guided tour
Churches close at noon and re-open at 3 pm. During services it's forbidden to visit churches. Furthermore it is forbitten to enter churches with naked shoulders and wearing shorts.
- Wrapped in water Mantua is a Renaissance gem; a mini-Florence, rich with art. Where Florence had the Medicis, Mantua had the Gonzaga family.
- Mantua has got an old well preserved city centre and it is still surrounded by its lakes
- The Ducal palace includes 513 rooms, a castle and occupies an area of 34,000 m2 and up to 1630 the richest European art collection was stored here. Worldwide famous painters and Musicians like Mantegna, Correggio, Rubes, Giulio Romano, Monteverdi, L.B. Alberti and many others worked in Mantua.
- Discover Mantua where the Latin poet Virgil was born, Shakespeare’s Romeo learned about the death of Juliet and Verdi set his famous opera Rigoletto.
- Discover a Unesco World Heritage Site