Trip at a Glance
Flora Tour, Sightseeing
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Self-catering accommodation in a quiet and friendly family run apartment with breakfast provided, Lunch, All travel costs on the island (including airport transfers), All trips accompanied by Julia Jones, FLS, Founder and President of ‘Flowers of Crete’; information and advice, including flower identification. Welcome drink and farewell breakfast/coffee and cakes.
Places are limited to a maximum of 5, so please book early to avoid disappointment. Please note that because of the rarity of some of these orchids, a detailed itinerary with full details of likely finds will not be available until firm bookings are received. Guests are also requested not to publish or distribute details of these sites or to take GPS readings.
- Himantoglossum samariense and many other rare orchids
- Mountains around Thripti and Orino to find a variety of rare orchids
- A relaxed day closer to home looking at orchids still in bloom around Elounda
- Travel west along the north coast and then travel inland to an area of outstanding natural beauty, orchid meadows to see the last of the season’s blooms
- A free day to explore the area and enjoy orchids fields around Elounda, a remote and wild area which is home to many rare orchids