Trip at a Glance
Elephant Tour, Nature
$35 USD per person
70 km one way
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Daily @ 6:30 am
Packaged Breakfast, Veg kerala Lunch, Two way transfers, Entry tickets
Camera fee is not included. Cost is applicable for minimum two paying person. For Single person cost is 60 USD.
- Elephant Karal ; wooden compartment to keep elephants in initial training days
- Watching elephants bathe & Feed
- Observe Rubber Plantations, Herb Gardens, Pineapple plantations
- Nature Walk & Watch Herds of Sambher and spotted Deer
- Forest Walk in canopy of trees, birds chirping, crystal clear water in flowing river : enjoy bathing in natural water & breathtaking view of hills
Kodanad : Rural Riverside Village about 55km from Cochin situated on the south bank of the Periyar river. It Houses an Elephant Training Center, 3km Ahead to Kodanad, enter to paved walking trails; Kaprikad & Paniyeli Poru is a futher 11km drive: Enter to the forest ranges: By walk Poru can be enjoyed and one can enjoy bathing in natural water.
Pick up at 6:30 am from hotel and Transfer by Surface to Kodanad – largest training centre in south India. Enjoy watching the elephants bathe & feed; you may also watch Kraal made of wood compartment where elephant are trained well. Adjacent to camp you may visit the Zoo & Herbs plantation. Do not forget to view Rubber plantations near to the bathing place of elephants. Enjoy Indian breakfast and by 10:30am we will take you to visit Poru & kaprikad picnic spot. Spend some time in bank of periyar river enjoying the tranquility, walk around and can cross river to the half by walking on the tops or rocks. Later by Noon drive back to Kochi. Trip concludes.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.