Kilimanjaro Climbing Marangu route 6 Days
Send Booking Request
Trip at a Glance
Great Lake Expedition
$3000 USD per person
70km or 43 miles
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
09:00am at any days
-Park fees, Accommodation on the mountain, Transport, Crew salaries, Foods & Water, Equipment, Accommodations before/after the climb, Rescue fees, Transfers, Emergency oxygen, Private toilet, Pulse ox
The clients has to clear visas and come with his/her climbing gears
- DAY 1 Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut Elevation (ft): 6,046 ft to 8,858 ft Distance: 8 km/5 miles Hiking Time: 4-5 hours Habitat: Rain Forest
- DAY 2 Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut Elevation (ft): 8,858 ft to 12,205 ft Distance: 12 km/7 miles Hiking Time: 6-8 hours Habitat: Heath
- DAY 3 Horombo Hut to Mawenzi Ridge Mawenzi Ridge to Horombo Hut
- DAY 4 Horombo Hut to Kibo Hut Elevation (ft): 12,205 ft to 15,430 ft Distance: 10 km/6 miles Hiking Time: 6-8 hours Habitat: Alpine Desert
- DAY 5 Kibo Hut to Uhuru Peak Uhuru Peak to Horombo Hut
The Marangu route, also known as the “Coca-Cola” route, is the oldest, most well established route on Kilimanjaro. This is the only route which offers sleeping huts in dormitory style accommodations in lieu of camping. There are 60 bunk beds each at Mandara and Kibo Huts, and 120 bunk beds at Horombo Hut. Guests are supplied with mattresses and pillows, but sleeping bags are still required. The huts have communal dining halls and basic washrooms, ranging from flushing toilets and running water at the lower huts to long drop toilets and buckets of water at Kibo Hut.
Many favor Marangu because it is considered to be the easiest path on the mountain, given its gradual slope and direct path. However the short time frame of the route makes altitude acclimatization fairly difficult. The route approaches Mount Kilimanjaro from the southeast. Marangu is unfortunately less scenic than the other routes because the ascent and descent are along the same path.
Your adventure awaits!
Great Lake Expedition
With some years of experience Great Lake Expedition has a proven expertise on East Africa Adventures. We lead over 400 climbs per year, with more than 600 adventurers climbing with us annually. Literally thousands of climbers have stood on the top of Kilimanjaro and enjoy safaris with us. Our clients have included journalists, photographer and high profile people.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.